The Childcare Program is provided to children between 32 months and 5 years of age who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This unique program aims to alleviate the stress many parents face in finding a suitable childcare program for their children on the spectrum. Our staff focus on encouraging children to develop communication skills, functional play skills, fine and gross motor skills and self-help skills, while providing a safe and engaging environment for all. The childcare room is equipped with a variety of regulation tools, sensory items and visual supports to accommodate for the different needs and preferences of the children attending the program.
The Childcare Program is currently offered at The Maier Centre.
When accessing our Childcare Program, you will find:
- High staff to child ratios; dependant on the needs of the children
- Play-based instruction and student learning
- Programming that is lead by Child Development certified staff; trained specifically to meet the needs of the children in our program
- Learning strategies that are supported by Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Behaviour Consultants
- The SCERTS Framework – a developmental approach to learning, that accounts for individual differences in each student
- Ongoing educational opportunities for families and staff members
- Open door policy; allows parents to observe the program room and connect with staff as needed
- Access to a sensory room, gymnasium and secured outdoor play space
For more information, please contact Children’s Autism Services of Edmonton at 780-495-9235 or email email@example.com